Friday, June 10, 2011

DiShan, Where You At???

Hey!

I know y'all have been wondering where I have been and what I have been up to for the past YEAR. Wow, you would not even begin to believe all that I have gone through. The fact of the matter is, I am still here!

I wanted to get back to my blog, because it felt so good to be able to come on here and vent, release, as well as encourage.

Okay, let's see. Where have I been?

For starters, I had a baby. Yep, a baby girl. She is absolutely the love and joy of my life. I feel that if she had not come, I would have been buried in a deep depression.

So, I know you guys remember me testifying about all of the wonderful things that were going on with me last year. The play. The movie. Well, it happened to me again. It all fell apart. As a result, my faith was really challenged and tested, and for the life of me, I could not figure out why bad things kept happening to me! I was so upset and angry with myself, with God, with everyone. Shortly after it all fell apart, I learned that my daughter was fighting for her life inside of me--probably due to all of the stress--and I knew something had to give. One thing after the other kept popping up. I was getting sicker by the day, I was emotionally bankrupt, had pretty much lost everything I owned physically...I mean, you name it and it happened.

It took me getting into the presence of God on a daily basis to come out of that depression. To top it all off, my marriage was severely affected by it all, and I was to the point that I just didn't care about anything anymore. I remember telling my mom once during the pregnancy, that I wasn't even sure I loved my daughter who was growing inside of me. Can you imagine testifying about all of these wonderful things that you are so sure is about to happen, finding out you're pregnant out of the blue, being sick all day every day, losing everything you owned, relationship falling apart, seemingly no one to turn to...I was just DONE!

But, when my little girl entered the world some months ago, I saw life so differently. She gave me a reason to not give up. To keep fighting. To keep going after the best. She taught me that it doesn't matter if the world knows my name, I am still somebody. I am her mother.

Just the other day, I found out some more disturbing news concerning the company that published my book.(I'll tell y'all about that later) It's a sad situation because people just refuse to do the right thing. SMH But, y'all know what? I'm going to keep on writing great books. I am not going to let nothing turn me around! I mean that.

So, y'all pray for a sista'! I know when it is all said and done, God is going to be exalted and everything the devil meant for bad, God is going to make it good!

Well, the baby is waking up, so I gotta run. I'll check back in with you all later!

Oh, and everyone is asking when Diary 2 will be released. We are looking at an August release date b/c I was late finishing it. If that happens, how about we get together and do a birthday/release party?? What y'all think? :-)

Until later, I love you, my blog-a-babies!

Keep it real!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and follow me on Twitter! @DiShanWW or find me on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome I am so excited with you, and thankful for your transparency. I look forward to reading the blog everyday, if you post that often. How awesome are you?

    Have a wonderful day and Keep living life on purpose...

    Peace In

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo love this sis. Welcome back!! Yeah, let's have that birthday/release party. We can celebrate our birthdays together! Love you so much. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! ~D. Wash